Wednesday 20 May 2015

Professional Brief - Re-submission

I received some feedback for my Professional brief, on how to improve my work. Seeing as I have finished FMP early, I thought I’d use this time wisely and make these improvements, if anything, to improve my grade.
I was told that the lighting was confusing in that certain things were lit one way and the shadows didn’t correspond to that lighting. Below describes what I mean.



Also, due to this long lighting the time of day would be near sunset. Therefor the colour palette should be a warmer tone. Oranges, pinks and reds. I also added more detail to the sky above the train. I felt this would add a bit more much needed realism to the piece.




Another improvement to make, were more detailed studies of the key assets. This includes more orthographic studies in order for 3D modellers to use as reference when it comes to modelling them.





I also decided to do some main character orthographics too, for modelling purposes.




I think these improvements really did make this a stronger project. It had more to it for others to work with, if this were a live project. The orthographics instruct 3D modellers and just give better information about the elements of the scene.
I hope these improvement have a good impact on my grade for this project. I’m really pleased with the results and decided to put this project on my portfolio. (Link down below)


I hope this showcases my concepting ability, as well as my understanding of the steps that would be to follow in the games industry. It shows logic and deep thinking behind the assets I’m including in the scene, as well as showing my general art skills through the improved lighting in the final scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment