Wednesday 20 May 2015

ARCH Creatives Talk

Today we had a talk from a couple of people from a studio called ARCH Creatives. They are a studio in Leamington Spa that house a number of different games developers working on several different projects at once.

I was intrigued at this idea of having several developers, in one space. They seemed very focus on the quality of their games and how the audience will respond to them. They mentioned that the purpose of their games is to make the audience feel d=something. They need to connect with audience. They achieve this by creating unique visuals and thinking up new and interesting ways to shake up what we think of games.




Below is the trailer for Modern dreams latest release, I developer based at ARCH creative.

                

The visual style is fairly simple but reflect the era of the time this game is set. It’s very 70’s cop drama style, obviously with the name LA Cops. It’s being released for several platform which I was pleased to hear, this will make it accessible to more people and I really hope it does well.


There was talk of them taking on graduates for work and I really would consider doing this if that was the case. Its sounds like a great new studio to work for, and I shall be keeping my ears open for any opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment