Wednesday 20 May 2015

FMP - Change of Plans!

After speaking with a fellow team of two that are working together on an art book. I told them about my ideas and they strongly suggest I either team up with somebody to pull it off, or reign in the scope to make it more manageable just for myself. A fellow student, Georgina also known as Ed, overheard my idea and really liked the sound of what I was proposing. She seemed keen to team up with me so this is what we decided to do.
She gave me some ideas and we started a Pinterest board, to start gathering reference images.


After a couple of weeks, Ed suggested that to save time, maybe we should base the book off an existing story and just re-imagine the designs of all the elements that make up the story. She suggested a couple of fairly unknown fairy-tale stories, and these seemed like a potential idea.
However, I was home for Christmas and just so happened a film called Metropolis was on TV. I thought this was Osamu Tezuka’s anime film, which I’d seen before in passing. What I was met with was an old black and white silent film. I read the description and saw it was from 1927 and the plot read as something near exact to my original Miners idea. I looked into it further and realised the anime film metropolis was based off of this silent film.


I thought this story help great potential for our art book. I told Ed and she looked into It too. I thought seeing as there had been 2 versions, we’d have even more reference for when it came to designing.
We both agreed that this could work really well. Next on our list is to organise what we’re going to include in the book. We’re writing another blog that follows FMP’s progress. You can find that here:


No comments:

Post a Comment